Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detour ahead

detour ahead

I don't seem able to keep my moods in check very well anymore — red-lining RPM's one minute, nosediving the next. The hills, the dales and the inevitable coasting; free-wheeling along those flat, seemingly endless byways of beige.

sines, lines, and tangents...
    the odd trigonometry
    of the psyche

Perhaps, just an existential syndrome induced by the whims of a turbulent world: its ups, its downs. Or, could it be faulty dopamine or 5-HT receptors somewhere upstairs? Leaky, renegade potassium channels? Celestial shenanigans? Quantum field perturbations? All or none of the above?

thermodynamics —
    the random collisions
    of my thoughts

Sure, our life trajectories can be an unpredictably trippy, fun ride sometimes. But then there are those uncomfortably bumpy and hard to navigate twisty patches, not to mention the slogs of cold slush and thick mud. And, of course, the barriers in the way. Well, that's how it goes... que sera.

grinding the gears
    on my tricycle...
    high neutral low
    ​​​​
    -- Haibun Today / June 2019

Mark, you certainly cover a lot of ground quickly. A friend once told me the following and I think it applies to this sequence also: “you have a Cadillac mind that you use like a dune buggy”. I hope you consider that a complement because it is. BTW: the 2nd is my favorite, the 3rd most unexpected.
    Last edited by Ray Caligiuri; 09-12-2019, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• mark meyer /3dotstudio
      mark meyer /3dotstudio commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. But more a dune-buggy mind that I'm using like a push lawnmower. Never did want a Caddy...

Just fantastic thanks for sharing this!
    ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

Mark, this is awesome. Going from “trigonometry” to “tricycle” through the course of three haiku is spectacular. “Celestial shenanigans?” Yes, I think so. ;-)
    https://davereadpoetry.blogspot.com/

Comment

• mark meyer /3dotstudio
      mark meyer /3dotstudio commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, major thanks Dave! Coming from you, one of the best compliments I've ever received....... Cheers!
Working...
X