X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atop a pin
    a whirling butterfly
    ends its dance

The bathroom light is harsh. You feel ugly. You notice ugly things. Deformity upon deformity. You decide to at least fix your eyebrows. You comb them with a large lady's hairbrush. You like how it feels and looks. The oversized brush covers most of your face. Deciding you want the brush to stay in front of your face you look for some kind of adhesive. You find that stuff that keeps dentures in place and start applying it liberally from the chin to the hair line.
    https://underneaththebloominglaburnu...m/p/books.html

Comment

The bathroom light is harsh. You feel ugly. You notice ugly things. Deformity upon deformity. You decide to at least fix your eyebrows. You comb them with a large lady's hairbrush. You like how it feels and looks. The oversized brush covers most of your face. Deciding you want the brush to stay in front of your face you look for some kind of adhesive. You find that stuff that keeps dentures in place and start applying it liberally from the chin to the hair line.

vanitas—
      dining alone on fava beans
      with chianti
      ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

vanitas—
        dining alone on fava beans
        with chianti

That summer I decided to take two months off. Most of the day I sat around reading the books, one of two things my father left me in his will. But in the evening an hour before twilight I took a walk along the river Moy. The river wound around our fields and was shaded by large willows. It was these trees that provided a perfect habitat for the surrounding wildlife. There was an abundance of wildlife there from birds to insects. And with the insects the second thing my father left me came in. He had left me a moth trap. At first I thought about selling it online but even though we weren't that close it seemed cruel. So that summer I read a few reddit posts on how to use it and started this twilight ritual. Most people recommended that you set the trap before dusk and check it in the morning. I've never done mornings so I checked the trap in the evening. The moths were beautiful in the fading light. I never bothered learning their names or identifying them. I just took them out of the trap and let them sit on my hand admiring their beauty before they took off into the abounding night sky.

Comment

That summer I decided to take two months off. Most of the day I sat around reading the books, one of two things my father left me in his will. But in the evening an hour before twilight I took a walk along the river Moy. The river wound around our fields and was shaded by large willows. It was these trees that provided a perfect habitat for the surrounding wildlife. There was an abundance of wildlife there from birds to insects. And with the insects the second thing my father left me came in. He had left me a moth trap. At first I thought about selling it online but even though we weren't that close it seemed cruel. So that summer I read a few reddit posts on how to use it and started this twilight ritual. Most people recommended that you set the trap before dusk and check it in the morning. I've never done mornings so I checked the trap in the evening. The moths were beautiful in the fading light. I never bothered learning their names or identifying them. I just took them out of the trap and let them sit on my hand admiring their beauty before they took off into the abounding night sky.

namelessness
          flowers into
          the unknowing

Comment

namelessness
            flowers into
            the unknowing

'Can you hear it?' he asked.
            'Not really sure what I'm supposed to hear.'
            'it doesn't matter.' He said taking the head phones back. A thick bread crust like silence fell over us. He pretended to look at the surrounding trees that were full of birds.
            'It's just...' an awkward pause that felt worse than the previous silence 'just before the synth comes in, can you hear a cough?'
            With the last syllable still hanging in the air he passed the headphones back to me.

Comment

'Can you hear it?' he asked.
              'Not really sure what I'm supposed to hear.'
              'it doesn't matter.' He said taking the head phones back. A thick bread crust like silence fell over us. He pretended to look at the surrounding trees that were full of birds.
              'It's just...' an awkward pause that felt worse than the previous silence 'just before the synth comes in, can you hear a cough?'
              With the last syllable still hanging in the air he passed the headphones back to me.

blank affect
              up and down the train car
              the grey daylight
              ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

blank effect
                up and down the train car
                the grey daylight

A surplus of nothing (out of the ordinary it seems) coagulates against the aural windows of a hundred souls. Extraordinarily a glimpse of a better life bears down from a far-distant mountain allowing the observer to become the observed. The phantom pain of a universe's amputated dreams brings you back to earth.

Comment

A surplus of nothing (out of the ordinary it seems) coagulates against the aural windows of a hundred souls. Extraordinarily a glimpse of a better life bears down from a far-distant mountain allowing the observer to become the observed. The phantom pain of a universe's amputated dreams brings you back to earth.

coarse light matters
                  dim self desire seen
                  through opaque windows

Comment

Working...
                  X