Carole MacRury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carole MacRury

Hello everyone. Thanks so much for creating this form and approving my membership. I am about to depart on a trip to Colorado so I must keep this short. But I am so pleased to know about this forum. I've been writing poetry since the 90's, and haiku since the mid to late 90's. I published my first book in 2008, and am working on my 2nd. In the Company of Crows is a comprehensive body of work that includes haiku and tanka. I write both forms. Long before I came to haiku I moderated a poetry forum for longer verse and enjoyed offering critique. It was a forum similar to this and so much more preferable than facebook. So happy to see the old type of moderated forums come back. I enjoy analysing haiku to discover why they work and why they may not. Haiku to me, is an ongoing quest to communicate to others those epiphanic moments that arise when I'm out and about in nature and yes, at my desk. My photographs often act as inspiration as I am almost daily out and about in nature finding something special. My interests also include photography, and I've given many haiga talks at various haiku gatherings over the years with slideshows, some to music. My photographs have been on multiple journal covers over the years, including Modern Haiku, Ribbons, and many small chapbooks. My contributions to the haiku world have included acting as judge to many contests, editing journals, and acting as secretary/treasurer of TSA in the past, and being one of the early board members of UHTS. My writing is often subtle, that is my style, or seems to be. Maybe this forum will encourage a little branching out into other forms, such as haibun, which I rarely write. Once settled, I will check in and contribute, but will need a week as I'll be on the road. Thanks and greeting to all. More and more I realize the importance of being with one's peers not only to be inspired but to push the boundaries of our own personal growth when it comes to writing. I should say that Alan Summers years back was the first person to offer me critical advice. My first poem, coming from free verse, was quite wrong at the time, and I soon understood why. But that poem became a tanka years later, and was recently awarded a best by an editor. So, my one truth is this....never throw anything away. Those rough drafts can always become something in time.

Welcome to this place of sanctuary, Carole. I have crossed paths with you many times in Facebook groups over the years and have come to know your style quite well. I look forward to your contributions here.

Comment

• Carole
      Carole commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Hansha. I'm a long time fan of your work and also look forward to reading and learning from you and others.

Carole, I’m so glad to see you here, my multi-talented friend.
    My website is at www.poeticinspire.com

Comment

• Carole
      Carole commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Pris. Great to see you here dear poet.

Welcome Carole, glad you joined, looking toward to your contribution. Have a great trip!
    ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

• Carole
      Carole commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Clayton. Happy to be here and hope to engage when I can. You are an astute reader of haiku and I value your input on all subjects related to Japanese forms.

Hi Carole! Good to see you in a workshop/forum space again. Looking forward to seeing your Colorado pictures and the resulting waves of haiku afterwards.

Comment

• Carole
      Carole commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Agnus...photos forthcoming, but I've been swamped. Look forward to posting my own work soon. Great to see you here too.

Carole, glad you’re here as you always have so much to contribute.

Comment

• Carole
      Carole commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Ray. Good to see you too. I'm sure we'll all improve our haiku with such a great cast of contributors.

Carol, welcome to the forum, enjoy the waterfalls.

Comment

• Carole
      Carole commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Richard. Wonderful idea and grateful to be here with the rest of you whether hiding behind or sailing over those waterfalls I'm sure to learn something...:-)

Carole, it’s so good to see you here and I’m sure it will be just as much fun as when we get together f2f for haiku gatherings.

Comment

• Carole
      Carole commented
      Editing a comment
      Victor, yes my new friend. So great to get to know you better through our haiku gathering and happy to see you here.

Hello and welcome, Carole. I recall reading many of your poems -- haiku and tanka. I look forward to exchanging thoughts and ideas in this forum.

Best,
    Theresa

Comment

• Carole
      Carole commented
      Editing a comment
      I look forward to sharing thoughts too Theresa. Great to see you again.
Working...
X