Jacob Salzer (intro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob Salzer (intro)

Hello! My name is Jacob. I've been writing haiku, tanka, and haibun for just over 13 years to date. I was introduced to haiku and related forms in college. In 2006, I took a college course titled The Way of Haiku and Haibun. We used this book as the classroom text: The Essential Haiku: Versions of Basho, Buson, & Issa (Essential Poets) Paperback - August 1, 1995 by Robert Hass (Editor, Translator).

Since that time, my haiku, tanka, and haibun have been published in Frogpond, Modern Haiku, Under the Basho, Chrysanthemum, A Hundred Gourds, Atlas Poetica, Haiku Canada Review, Prune Juice, and The Heron's Nest.

I've also written and self-published three haiku collections: The Sound of Rain (three-line haiku), Birds With No Names (three-line haiku), and Fog Between Mountains (one-line haiku), one haibun collection: Origins, and one tanka collection, Distant Sirens. I've also served as the managing editor of two anthologies: Yanty's Butterfly: An international Haiku Nook G+ Anthology dedicated to haiku poet Yanty Tjiam (1981-2015), featuring over 600 poems from 20 poets living Canada, the U.K., Germany, Persia, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, South Africa, Taiwan, the Philippines, and the U.S. and New Bridges: The Portland Haiku Group Anthology, featuring haiku and tanka from 17 poets and dedicated to haiku poets Johnny Baranski (1948-2018), Thomas James Martin (1944-2018), and Lorraine Ellis Harr (Tombo) (1912-2006).

I'm currently serving as the managing editor of two haiku anthologies: Half A Rainbow (a Haiku Nook G+ anthology dedicated haiku poet Rachel Sutcliffe (November 6, 1977-January 23, 2019) and Google+, and Desert Rain (A Haiku Nook G+ anthology dedicated to the 600+ million people who don't have access to clean water).

As of late, I painted my first haiga and have been translating a few of my haiku into Japanese.

I'm excited to share poetry on an international platform and be surrounded by both beginners and experienced writers alike.

Sincerely,
    Jacob Salzer

Welcome, Jacob.

Comment

Good to see you here Jacob!
      ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

Wow Jacob, it’s definitely has been a long minute! It’s great to see you here!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! You've done a lot of interesting work - I hope to say hi in Portland, in time.

Comment

Glad to see you here, Jacob!

Comment

Good to say more with you Jacob since Haiku Nook is spread all over the universe now, and gently doing well too! :-)

Comment

Hi Jacob! I think we missed each other at the last Seabeck conference but perhaps we'll meet at the next one this October, or even sooner, perhaps when Richard Gilbert visits your Portland Haiku Group in a couple of weeks this August 16th, which I hope to attend. Until then, I'm glad to be a member of the same community!

Comment

Pleased to see you here Jacob. I always enjoyed our chats back at Haiku Nook.
                  https://davereadpoetry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Jacob, I look forward to your comments.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the warm and kind comments! Sincerely, Jacob

Comment

Good to see you here Jacob! Very nice to see you here.

Comment

• Jacob Salzer
                          Jacob Salzer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's great to see you too Gennady! Kak se?

Fine!! A bit under the weather just now ....snowing...!

Comment

Best wishes Jack... it's nice to see you here! Cheers my friend!

Comment

• Jacob Salzer
                            Jacob Salzer commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hey Willie! Sending my very best to you and your family. Looking forward to sharing more on this forum! Jack

Hi Jack! Looking forward to more of your posts here. See you around my friend...

Comment

Working...
                          X