Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elancharan Gunasekaran (intro)

Hi!

I'm Elan (31 years old/1988), poet and multidisciplinary artist, residing in Singapore.
    Came across Hansha's post on Facebook and decided to create an account here.

I was introduced to haiku 8 years back at a mega bookstore and it was in the form of Ryan Mecum's Zombie Haiku. Read up on the traditional format of Japanese short forms and decided to experiment with them. I'm inspired by the Beat Generation poets such as Kerouac, Ginsberg and Adrian Henri; Translated works by Momoko Kuroda, Basho, Yumiko Tsumura, Ryunosuke Akutagawa, Murakami, Kaneko Tohta and many more. Contemporary haiku inspirations come in the form of works by Richard Gilbert, Hansha Teki, Kala Ramesh, Alan Summers and Marlene Mountain.

I hope to learn from all who are writing haiku and other Japanese short forms.
    Bio:

Elancharan Gunasekaran is a multidisciplinary artist and poet. He resides in Singapore with his family and cat, Leo. He has a strange love for all things poetical and Sci-Fi. A winner of the Montblanc X Esquire Six-word Story prize 2017. He is the creator of House Haiku, an experimental music series combining poetry and house music elements. Andromeda’s Alien, his first album is now represented by Red Claw Records (Germany).

His latest publications are Superatomicluminal (Hesterglock Press, UK), Gods of The Gonzo (Analog Submission Press,UK), Sleeping with Wildflowers (Alien Buddha Press, Arizona/New York), The Cosmonaut Manifesto (UndergroundBooks, New York), Monochromatique (Queer Ink, India), Deviant Flames and Dark Revolver (Roman Books, UK/India). His poetry has been published worldwide, on various international print and online platforms. His books and performances have been featured at the New York City Poetry Festival, Rantai Arts Festival (Kuala Lumpur), Singapore International Festival of the Arts, Singapore Writers Festival, Poetry Festival Singapore, All In! Young Writers Festival Singapore and was a guest performer at the Travel Poetry Slam (Singapore).

He arts and writes on Instagram and Twitter: @elancharang
    He is also editor of proletaria.org, an online journal devoted to one-line poems and statements inspired by politics, philosophy and phenomena.

Cheers!
    Elan

Great to see you here!

warmest regards,
    Alan Summers
    Call of the Page

Comment

• elancharang
      elancharang commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Alan,

I think i posted this in the wrong section!

Is there a way to delete my post and post it again in the right section?

Thanks!

• haikutec
      haikutec commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't notice if you had posted in the wrong place, just great to see you here! Alan

Hi Elan, welcome to the forum! We share many interests. I'm glad to meet you from afar. Today is ground zero of the forum being live. I'll check tomorrow - to see if your thread can be moved to the Introductions section. Thanks for your patience 🙏

Comment

• elancharang
      elancharang commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Richard!

There is a move topic capability. Let me see what I can do. I'll move it to "Introduce Yourself" section of HaikuSanctuary.

Comment

• elancharang
      elancharang commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Don!

Hi, Elan!

Comment

• elancharang
      elancharang commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! How are you?

Hi Elan! Looking forward to sharing haiku perspectives and multidisciplinary poetry with you!

Comment

• elancharang
      elancharang commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! And likewise, i hope to read your works!

Greetings Elan!

Comment

• elancharang
      elancharang commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! How are you?

Welcome Elancharan, I've moved the post.
    ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

• elancharang
      elancharang commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Thank you!

Hello Elan! I too am 31 years old (so they say) so we are brothers from the same generation. I look forward to reading your work! Sincerely, Jacob

Comment

• elancharang
      elancharang commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! Finally, someone from my generation!

Likewise my friend, i hope to read your works!

Music to my ears

Comment

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy yourself here, in the Sanctuary.

Comment

PS I love that your intro to the form was “Zombie Haiku,” far out!
        ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

Working...
        X