Hello from Pris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Pris

I started writing haiku in 1999, but was more active with free verse and haiga until about 8 years ago. In the earlier years I was fortunate to take the last class an’ya offered online.

My haiga, haiku and tanka have appeared in such places as Frogpond, cattails, Atlas Poetica, Acorn, Haigaonline, Skylark, A Hundred Gourds, Prune Juice, and Under the Basho.

Recent awards include:

Commended...Sharpening the Green Pencil 2018 contest, H.Gene Murtha Senryu Contest ( short list) 2018, AHS (Australian) spring 2018 haiga kukai (nonseasonal): highly commended, Bronze award in the 2018 Ito-en competition, Sakura award in the 2018 Vancouver Cherry Blossom contest.

Seven collections of my free verse poetry and one book of tanka have been published by the small press.

A former Clinical Psychologist, sailor and bicyclist until sidelined by ME/CFS in 1990, I’m homebound.. Twenty-eight years and counting now. My love of writing is a blessing to me.
    Last edited by Pris Campbell; 08-01-2019, 12:15 PM. Reason: I edited to make my intro a bit more concise.
    My website is at www.poeticinspire.com

Your haiga and shahai always inspired me as they were blunt and honest accounts of yourself and your life and also chronic illness. They were awesome, genuinely awesome, and allowed us to travel with you.
    Alan

Comment

Thanks, Alan. Your support and the example you set have been immense to me.
      My website is at www.poeticinspire.com

Comment

• haikutec
        haikutec commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! I don't think enough people know how much some of us (including you) do behind the scenes to support others, and not just plug our own work. I can personally look back and be happy that I did my little bit to support some who wouldn't have had much support by the 'then' establishment, but are recognised as exemplary writers now, go figure! :-)

Hi Pris!

Comment

• Pris Campbell
        Pris Campbell commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Robin. I just found your greeting!

Hi Pris! I really enjoyed participating with you in The Haiku Foundation's renku session led by John Stevenson. Now I feel so fortunate to get to know you in another venue. I too feel that writing is a blessing. Indeed, art heals!

Comment

• Pris Campbell
        Pris Campbell commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s good to see you here. Yes, art heals.

Originally posted by Pris Campbell View Post
      Thanks, Alan. Your support and the example you set have been immense to me.
      That's really nice, and thanks for your support of wonderful poets in general, and one or two who continue to book onto our courses! :-)
      btw I keep bumping into that Mike Keville, that was pretty cool of him to visit you! He's like that, turning up when he's wanted, but don't tell him that, he blushes internally. :-)
      Alan

Comment

• Pris Campbell
        Pris Campbell commented
        Editing a comment
        That was a six hour round trip for him. He’s a special guy...but no, we won’t tell him out loud:-)

• haikutec
        haikutec commented
        Editing a comment
        Just six hour round trip from London England to Florida USA? Well he is a professional goods driver, but that is impressive. He must have a private jet tucked away! :-)

Alan

• Mikeymike
        Mikeymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello you two! I found my ears burning a little, so had to come and see what that was all about, Alan I’m a Boilermaker/Welder and did drive all over the UK to do my work! It’s just wonderful too find two of my favourite poets in one place again... I’m so happy you are both here

with a smile
        I put my coat on
        and leave
        for where my dreams
        go to dance

Welcome to the forum Pris!

Comment

Hi Pris, I always like your comments and expertise.

Comment

• Pris Campbell
          Pris Campbell commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, Ray!

Welcome Pris, glad you're here.
        ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

Hi Pris,

me, too: CFIDS/FM, and more. Many many years.

Peace xo

Sabine

Comment

• Pris Campbell
            Pris Campbell commented
            Editing a comment
            Sabine, it’s difficult, isn’t it!

Welcome aboard, Pris!
          I hope you enjoy yourself here,
          in the Sanctuary.

Nice seeing you
          again, after all these
          years!

Comment

• Pris Campbell
            Pris Campbell commented
            Editing a comment
            Don, it’ll be good to post with you again. Our paths haven’t crossed in a while now.

It's wonderful to have most if not all of the people I've known from the start of my writings in the same place again!
          The only thing I’m fast enough to catch these days; is a cold!

Comment

Working...
          X