Maureen Sexton Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maureen Sexton Introduction

Hello from the rather isolated city of Perth Western Australia, and a small suburb called Redcliffe (where there are no cliffs). I do however live close to the beautiful Swan River, and close to the airport so it's not a very quiet place. I love the peace and tranquility I find in my own space, which includes a courtyard with lots of plants, including Australian native plants, succulents, and others chosen because I just like them (colour, scent, shape, etc).
    I began really learning about haiku in 2005 when I was busy co-coordinating the first Perth Poetry Festival and I met haiku poet Nicholas Barwell. He organised an intense mentorship for me with John Bird, who was a pioneer of haiku writing in Australia.
    So after years of learning, which I'm sure will never end, here I am continuing to think and write haiku as often as I can. I also like to create haiga. I facilitate the Paperbark Haiku group here in Perth and I'm the Regional Representative of the Australian Haiku Society.
    I look forward to getting to know other haiku writers from around the world.

Welcome to Haiku Sanctuary, Maureen Sexton. I look forward to your contributions that will get us to know you and your work.

Comment

• Maureen Sexton
      Maureen Sexton commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Hansha Teki.

Welcome Maureen, I look forward to vicarious experiencing your beautiful surroundings through your haiku. Perth sounds wonderful!
    ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

• Maureen Sexton
      Maureen Sexton commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Clayton Beach.
Working...
X