Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Caligiuri

Hi everyone,

Perhaps some of you remember me from Facebook and wonder where I went. After trying to write ku for about a year, I found that FB groups and activities were not only very addictive but left me feeling uncreative and dissatisfied. So, I removed myself from the ku groups and unfriended all but my family. When I saw this sanctuary site and read the purpose, I thought it might be a way to regain creativity and learn from the more-experienced of you.

I’m 72 and retired from the technology industry. My biggest problem in writing ku is that I think in words, not images. So, typically I enjoy writing shahai where an image is presented for me to ku it. I have mixed success even doing that and easily degenerate into captioning.

So, I look forward to sharing ideas with you all and request your honest critique of my work.

Again, thanks for creating this site outside of the ‘popular’ social media.

Hi Ray, good to see you here!
    https://davereadpoetry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to this place of sanctuary, Ray Caligiuri

I find myself becoming a refugee from the ever-increasing invasiveness of Facebook, its algorithms and its partnership with other entities who seem so intent on guiding me for what it is best for me to own, consume, think or even vote.

We will try all within our power to maintain this venue as a place of sanctuary.

Comment

Welcome back Ray I hope you find this more to your liking.
        ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Caligiuri View Post
          Hi everyone,

SNIP
          After trying to write ku for about a year, I found that FB groups and activities were not only very addictive but left me feeling uncreative and dissatisfied.

So, I look forward to sharing ideas with you all and request your honest critique of my work.

Again, thanks for creating this site outside of the ‘popular’ social media.
          Hi Ray,
          That's a really interesting point, and I've heard from a few that FB groups don't necessarily help, but hinder. I also used to see the same cycle of questions even when a year before they'd be fully answered.

I hope you get some useful critique from people with different views on haiku in a constructive manner, and away from the popular social media platforms syndrome.

warmest regards,
          Alan

Comment

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy yourself here, in the Sanctuary.

Comment

Hi Ray, I remember you from FB. I'm pretty new here myself. Looking forward to some great learning interaction.

Comment

• Ray Caligiuri
                Ray Caligiuri commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, this is an excellent site for advanced and cutting edge haiku.
            Working...
            X