LarryB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LarryB

This is my introduction to the group. I became interested in haiku when a college classmate gave me his copy of Blyth's "Zen in English Literature and Oriental Classics." Then a teacher gave me her first edition of D. T. Suzuki's "Zen Buddhism and It's Influence on Japanese Culture." Then I read Snyder's "Hitch Haiku" and Kerouac's "Desolation Angels." I bought Blyth's 2-volume "History of Haiku" and his 4-volume "Haiku" at J. Toguri Mercantile in Chicago. I took my first haiku workshop with Pastricia Donegan in Chicago. I've taken haiku workshops with Clark Strand and Stanford Forrester In New York City when I lived there. I also attended meetings of the Metro Northeast Haiku Society chapter. I have currently been involved with the Boston Haiku Society, occasionally attending workshop meetings at Kaji Aso Studio in Boston.

The authors who have influenced me the most, regarding haiku, are Makoto Ueda, Haruo Shirane, and William J. Higginson.

Welcome, hope you enjoy the sanctuary! Looking forward to reading your haiku.
    ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

Welcome LarryB! You are rooted in a sound foundation. I also look forward to reading your contributions to Haiku Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
      X