Ryan Garrison – Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Garrison – Hello!

Hello! I'm Ryan Garrison, 20 years old, from North Carolina. I'd never sent out any poetry for publication until recently, but have been writing in other forms for a few years. An interest in Archaic Greek lyric and Poundian imagism led me about two weeks ago to the haiku of Yone Noguchi (who had possibly introduced haiku to Pound; https://terebess.hu/english/haiku/noguchi.html), inspiring me in the creation of some of my own (though with a much more American conception of nature, and a taste for maximalism, word-play, attention to set meter, etc. which I've read has its place in Japanese haiku as well). Excited to both read and contribute!

Looking forward to seeing your work, welcome to the sanctuary! If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

• Ryan Garrison
      Ryan Garrison commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I've been looking around since last night and there's some great stuff here!

Welcome! If you are interested in haiku, then this is the place to be.

Comment

• Ryan Garrison
      Ryan Garrison commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, excited to read some of yours!

Welcome Ryan Garrison. I also look forward to reading your contributions.

Comment

• Ryan Garrison
      Ryan Garrison commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking of your finnegans wake post

• Hansha Teki
      Hansha Teki commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah yes! I realised that soon after I posted my comment to you.

• Ryan Garrison
      Ryan Garrison commented
      Editing a comment
      If you haven't read already, you might like Richard Stanyhurst's onomatopoeia-heavy "translation" (transcreation?) of the first four books of Virgil's Aeneid as well as Peter Boodberg's work on the first part of the Daodejing (https://sites.google.com/site/rantext/taoism), have been thinking about both in writing haiku that is "simple" in the Wakean sense (etymological plunder and amalgamation)
Working...
X