Memories of the Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories of the Future

We are proud to announce the first book published by our new imprint, Heliosparrow Press.

Memories of the Future is a collection of collaborative and solo linked verse by Clayton Beach and Hansha Teki. There are several options for buying.

The paperback is available on Amazon for $18, the book is attractively bound in a 6 by 10.5 inch format to showcase the 10-link renku format. It has 10 color plates of asemic writing/art in sumi and watercolor. There are many linked and haiku sequences, as well as parallel haiku. Richard Gilbert wrote:
    "Here is a collaborative text woven of two minds, two voices, and from two sides of the Pacific. Take a pause, a breath—these poems breathe new life into the contemporary poem, with the sensibility of leap—leaving room for the reader’s imagination and foregrounding mystery in form. If not broken language, we find broken sememes, as though we live on small islands of knowing surrounded by seas of the unknown, of cosmos, and acknowledge a feeling there of atmospheres, tides, and longings… To speak to the future—as memory—is to address our trembling present by reframing all that has come before, yet these works are likewise rooted in the earth of cultural ancientness, echoing the “ever-shifting, self-effacing palimpsest” of distant voices drawing near, receding in lines that dissolve in mist. Our future, in question, is here presented in revelatory conversation.

Print is still available outside of the US, just check your local amazon marketplace.

For those who would like a digital copy, there are several options. Both the Kindle version on Amazon and an ePub version on Google Play are $7.

For the best value, you can order a PDF version for $5 through the Heliosparrow website.

If you have any questions or problems feel free to message me or Hansha Teki. Hope you all enjoy the book!
    ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Congratulations to Clayton and Hansha! Also to Heliosparrow on its first book!
    Last edited by Rich Schilling; 02-26-2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Yes! A creative collaboration by two exceptional poets. Most wonderful news!

Comment

• Hansha Teki
        Hansha Teki commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Michelle.

• Hansha Teki
        Hansha Teki commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Michelle.

Good news. I’m saving the link for the PDF for now. Too far behind in books I have.
      My website is at www.poeticinspire.com

Comment

Congratulations Clayton and Hansha! I look forward to reading it.

Comment

I bought the PDF. How do I download? sorry, I've been wrestling, unsuccessfully, with apps for the past hour or so.

Comment

• Ray Caligiuri
            Ray Caligiuri commented
            Editing a comment
            Message (in here) Clayton or Hansha that you need them to email it to you. That’s how I got it.

Yeah just give me a heads up if you purchase a PDF and I will email it to you. Thanks Ed, yours is sent!
          ghost cave i brush aside the dharma of a lobster god

Comment

thanks, I see the pdf attachment, many thanks, looks great!!

Comment

Congratulations, Clayton and Hansha!

Best,
              Theresa

Comment

Very much looking forward to this, Hansha and Clayton!
                (just ordered the PDF)
                Cheers to you...
                and Peace.

Comment

• Hansha Teki
                  Hansha Teki commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you very much, Eve.

goes straight to the top of my list!

Comment

One for the list. Congratulations guys.

Comment

JS
                    5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring collection of linked-verse poetry and parallel haiku
                    Reviewed in the United States on March 5, 2020
                    Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase

Raw, fresh, vivid poetry that utilizes all 5 senses yet provides space for the reader's imagination and engagement. Memories of the Future is an inspiring collection of linked-verse poems and parallel haiku that are well-blended with dark and light themes, concrete imagery and abstraction. The poems are infused with surprising, creative and provocative juxtapositions. After reading this, I'm inspired to write more collaborative linked-verse for the unique experiences it provides and its ability to connect people across distances, across countries, around the world. I recommend this book.

SOURCE: https://www.amazon.com/Memories-Futu...7851070790BD40

Comment

FINALLY got some reading time over the weekend and read this. Everyone here knows I admire Hansha and Clayton's work greatly so that doesn't need to be stated. But I will add that I feel this collection to be necessary and of an elite standard that should be read by beginners and experts. It highlights the possibilities of the linked and collaborative forms and points and wanders along the directions we can all go in. I hope there are many more collaborative collections in our community and we continue bravely on the paths Clayton and Hansha have curated. Thanks a million guys.
                    https://underneaththebloominglaburnu...m/p/books.html

Comment

• Michael
                      Michael commented
                      Editing a comment
                      mental health is one of the many casualties of this situation. my boy has not been in day care for a month now. my anxiety and stress are through the roof. i'm a thousand miles from home. but i'm just grinding. i think only the oblivious are doing 'well' right now. you've got my email if you want to do some links to occupy your mind. i think even a virtual haiku group or something could work - like designated articles or whatever. just throwing some ideas out there. please contact me anytime.

• Clayton Beach
                      Clayton Beach commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for the support Michael!

• Hansha Teki
                      Hansha Teki commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "you've got my email if you want to do some links to occupy your mind. i think even a virtual haiku group or something could work - like designated articles or whatever. just throwing some ideas out there. please contact me anytime."

Thanks Michael. Will do.

Hi guys, just went to order this on amazon. Says it does not ship to the U.K. any suggestions?
                    kindly
                    rob

Comment

• Hansha Teki
                      Hansha Teki commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Take your pick from here, Rich.

Adlibris
                      Agapea
                      Amazon.co.uk
                      Aphrohead
                      Bertrams